28/11/2016

Forum

I think Easy jet are fine!!  

RSS

TheHiker
14/04/2012 1:42 pm  

I'm new to this site, and was actually quite surprised that a hate site existed for EasyJet. For Ryanair I can understand, they really are the pits.

I fly quite often often with EasyJet. (10 or12 times a year, for the best part of 10 years now), and honestly can say I have never had any real problem with them. I fly summer and winter, with skis.

They fly to where they say they're flying to , ie Paris, is Charles de Gaule, not some field at Beauvais, 100 km from Paris that Ryanair fly to.

Their carry on baggage allowance is not weight limited, (within reason).

The baggage gauge size is reasonable.

They only charge once for the credit card, though the fees have gone up steeply recently, but they still allow it for free with the Visa Electron card.

Speedy boarding allows me to go straight to check in at my local airport.

I've personally had no problems with very late flights

I've always found the staff very nice.

They've never lost my bags.

Their charge for taking skis in the hold is reasonable, compared to the likes of Ryanair.

They don't have people at the gate, trying to catch out you with baggage sizes and weights....not in MY experience.

All in all, in my personal experience/opinion they're fine.

Given a choice I'd rather go with a main line airline, but that always means changing planes in London, or wherever, and the fares are sometimes ludicrous. Go and ask for a KLM single flight from say, Edinburgh to Amsterdam.

The key for me is that the likes of Easyjet fly from my local airport to many many places in Europe, without having to change planes.

Now Ryanair?? Don't get me started!!!!!
The Hiker.

ReplyQuote
Site Admin
Honorable Member Admin
15/04/2012 4:33 pm  

Hi TheHiker,

Welcome to the site and thanks for posting our first positive EasyJet comments, something we welcome but have not been forthcoming. Whilst our site is primarily aimed at EasyJet we have a big dislike for the 'low cost' sector in general and the lack of basic service this provides.

SiteAdmin

ReplyQuote
Scouse
13/09/2012 5:21 pm  

Hi Hiker,

I agree with nearly everything you have written. I love Easyjet and I don't like being ripped off by the high cost airlines. Most of my flights are within Europe, so I don't need all the luxuries that rip-off arlines force on us - at ripoff prices of course. All I want is an uncomplicated service and Easyjet is top of my list for that. I have been reprimanded by airhostesses for drinking my own drink (bought in the airport) in their planes. This has happened to me with some airlines. Easyjet have never complained at me eating or drinking things I have brought on board. I don't like being forced to eat what the airline thinks I should eat and when the airline thinks I should be served the food, even if they give me a choice, as Easyjet do.

I have to differ with you on one point and that is speedy boarding. I want to get on board when most people are already seated, so that I can avoid wingeing kids, people with colds and fat people who take up too much space. For this reason I am not happy with the new seating policy of Easyjet, which means that seats will be allocated before boarding the plane.

One the whole, however, I love Easyjet and wish they flew to even more destinations from my home airport.

ReplyQuote
Site Admin
Honorable Member Admin
22/09/2012 8:44 pm  

Thanks Scouse for sharing your your views on this subject.

Regarding an 'uncomplicated' service, I'm not sure we'd agree this is the case for most using Easyjet. In our experience speedy boarding is also a bit of a non-starter and a rip-off extra charge, at many airports this group is held with regualr passengers before boarding (albeit at the front of the queue).

Allocated seats will be a breathe of fresh air for EJ passengers as it will avoid the scrum and actually improve boarding times.

ReplyQuote
TheHiker
04/07/2014 9:23 am  

Nigel

I first posted here 2 years ago, about the fact that I have never had any issues with EasyJet, and find them fine.

I can assure you I do not work for EasyJet, I work in Oil and Gas exploration.

In the 2 years since posting, I have flown many times with EasyJet, and stick with my original statement. They're fine, I'm surprised that there is a "Hate EasyJet" website!

The Hiker.

ReplyQuote
TheHiker
16/01/2017 11:47 am  

Well 2 years on and I can still say that I still have no issues with EasyJet. I have flown with them several times in the last year or so.

Flights generally on time, nice cabin staff.

I can also say that paying for Speedy Boarding paid back in shedloads when I came back from a ski trip on Saturday, 14th January.

Picture Geneva airport, 150 people queuing for check in. Speedy Boarding check in? - about 2 people in front of me.

No issues.

The Hiker.

ReplyQuote
Site Admin
Honorable Member Admin
16/01/2017 2:17 pm  

Glad to see you're still about 'TheHiker'. Hope you're well.

In our opinion their customer service has declined dramatically over the past few years. When things go wrong they have no plan B. Customer refunds and compensation claims take 4/5 months and they claim their turning them around in 7 days - a complete lie.

We now also monitor their on time performance - take a look

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register