28/11/2016

Forum

Name Change Fee - Charity Trip at Risk  

RSS

ESLeader
16/10/2011 8:48 pm  

I am secty to large charity. We are taking 16 kids to Barcelona on a cultural exchange. Not big enough to be group travel, so I have to do all the work. Just before the trip, one brother drops out, his younger brother can take the place. No insurance claim (not sick enough), but a sensible thing to do. We check the fees: £35 each way. Go to make the change in  additional information" and F**K ME they want £280 PLUS £70.

I go back to booking form: not mentioned. Check Fee Charges page: not mentioned. Turns out it was buried deep in the regulations.

Am now faced with cancelling whole trip (charity does not have £350) or just bar one kid (losing £140 already paid) or cancel who trip. (yes, I understand the whole stop people reselling tickets argument. It is nonsense, and anyway, they created the stupid artificial market)

Have escalated, but they say "final decision - pay or don't fly ONE THING FOR SURE _ WILL NEVER USE THIS AIRLINE AGAIN

ReplyQuote
ESLeader
18/10/2011 10:56 am  

EJ came back with an alternative we had not considered. We listened and accepted. Overall, much happier Will see how this trip goes, then try them again

Moral: don't always accept what the offshore call centre says - the UK team have more clout and more common sense.

ReplyQuote
Site Admin
Honorable Member Admin
29/11/2016 10:00 am  

Glad to hear things appear to have worked out for you - do update us on how the trip goes.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register